Cold Brew Blend
Low acid, smooth, and distinctly caffeinated; our own special blend created for cold brew enthusiasts to make at home.
We offer to grind this blend coarsely for optimal cold brew extraction using a special attachment on our commercial coffee grinder. It comes more coarse than a french press grind and works beautifully for making cold brew.
Equipment you'll need:
- A brewing vessel or bucket or stock pot that holds at least a gallon of water
- Cheesecloth or other paper filter to strain your cold brew
- Kitchen twine or zip tie
- A wooden spoon for stirring
- Clean well or spring water
- Arrange your cheesecloth or filter in your brewing vessel
- Pour the full bag of ground coffee onto the cheesecloth
- Pour 1/2 gallon (64oz) of water over the grounds, taking care to wet all of the coffee.
- Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon to break up any dry pockets of coffee grounds and fully saturate everything.
- Gather your cheesecloth/filter and close it up with twine or a zip tie to prevent spillage.
- Leave it alone for 16 hours to brew at room temperature. To draw the flavor from the grounds, your coffee and filter should be close to fully submerged in water. If it's not, try a smaller brewing vessel.
- Once brewing is complete, remove the grounds, allowing the concentrate to drain out of the saturated coffee. Discard or compost the grounds.
- You now have approximately one half gallon of cold brew concentrate, which you can store in the fridge for up to 30 days.
- To serve, mix equal parts cold brew concentrate and fresh clean water. Enjoy over ice and add your favorite goodies, such as cream, oat milk, honey, or simple syrup.